With celebration in the air, I felt like really spoiling my dear friend! It was her birthday yesterday & I wanted to make an extra effort to make her feel special. I had bought her a necklace & earring set but needed a gift box & card, so set about to create one that was guaranteed to cause a ‘WOW!’ reaction. Now… there are traditional gift boxes…and then there are one-of-a-kind ‘gift boxes’. Today I am going to show you how to make one of the one-of-a-kind variety using the fabulous Joy Parade collection.
I hope you love it as much as my friend did!
Celebrate with (Paper) Cake & a Donut card by Kim Watson
You will need the following:
- Patterned papers
- Brag cards
- Puffy Stickers
- Die cut bow
- Variety metal dies
- Box template printed & cut out.
- Hot glue
Celebrate with (Paper) Cake by Kim Watson
- Start with your box template, cut it out of plain pink paper. Joy Parade is so versatile having plain papers on the backs.
- Using the triangle section, cut a separate piece using the sprinkles paper for the top of the cake. (No cake would look right without frosting & sprinkles LOL.)
- Next attach a darker pink strip of paper to the middle of the cake slice to resemble the jelly layer.
- Cut x3 squares of different patterned paper & mark out some ‘roll & twist rose’ shapes. Cut them out & secure with hot glue.
- Cut a paper straw to size & make a paper flame, creating a faux candle.
- Layer the roses, die-cut doilies, ‘candle’, tag and other little embellishments in a little cluster on top of the cake slice.
- Fill box with a special gift.
Donut card by Kim Watson
- Using the cork paper, cut a donut shape. Trace the top half of the shape onto pink patterned paper to resemble frosting. Use a marker to add blue sprinkles, as well as arms, legs & a face.
- Adhere the party hat ephemera piece.
- Decorate with puffy stickers and other sentiment pieces to finish.
BONUS Box template:
I love that with a little creativity, this collection can be used to make both sophisticated items like the box & fun, playful items like the card. It is worth grabbing, because each & every item is fabulous!! I can’t wait to see what you create with them. Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon!Read More
With summer in the air & parties being planned, I have some cute ideas you might want to try using the uber fun & oh-so-girly collection, Millie & June.
You’re Invited party set by Kim Watson
I created these items for a friend’s little girl turning 12 years old. There are invites, thank-you tags, decorated straws & a rosette for the birthday girl. Let me show you the individual items.
Decorative Straws by Kim Watson
Using the Millie & June Paper Bow set, I decorated paper straws. They are so simple to use…all you need to do is remove them from the packaging & glue them together. Hot glue attached them to the paper straws making them secure enough to handle the festivities.
Birthday Invite by Kim Watson
The actual invite is made from layered patterned paper & a vellum pennant. Puffy decorative stickers, puffy apha stickers & ephemera was everything I needed to put the invites together. Using the ‘to & from’ journal spots I added the party date & other information.
Thank-you tag by Kim Watson
I made these tags to attach to appreciation gifts. I used the cupcake tags to write ‘to & from’, making sure to remember all the guests. The decorative puffy stickers, puffy sticker alphas & ephemera make these little tags so pretty to look at, attached to their respective gifts.
Rosette for the birthday girl by Kim Watson
To create this 3D rosette, I used the rosette ephemera and added layers to it. Die cut pinked circles, attached with foam squares, creates super dimension to this piece. Extra pennants from patterned paper, vellum & glitter washi tape add the finishing touches. Bethany is going to feel extra special wearing this on her special day!
So we are all set…Bethany has no idea what is planned for her special day. Inspired by Millie & June color scheme, we have made sure the party decor & even her cake will co-ordinate perfectly. I hope this has inspired you. Thank you for stopping by!
Fancy Pants Designs collection used: Millie & June
Hello Friends! Yuki here today to share fun gift wrap ideas using the Fancy Pants Designs collections with you.
We have two birthday guys in our family during the upcoming week. I enjoyed wrapping their gifts with beautiful papers from Fancy Pants Designs. I love the rich texture on these papers and it’s perfect for the gift wrap for your precious one.
This pretty gift wrap is for my youngest daughter. I chose the pink paper which she likes from the Flutter collection. I added the Burlap Bow, Button Mix, and Confetti. Those soft colors and feminine touch will be her favorite.
I made those small tags with the sentiment from patterned papers and tied them on the top of the gift.
This is masculine type of gift wrap. I picked the blue paper from the Making Waves collection and the beige from the Flutter collection.
There are no ribbons and flowers and it’s so simple. I’ve just added pleated paper and Gold Foil paper.
It’s really easy to create your own gift wrap style with the Fancy Pants Designs products!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Remember to share your inspired projects using Fancy Pants Designs products on our Facebook page!Read More