With celebration in the air, I felt like really spoiling my dear friend! It was her birthday yesterday & I wanted to make an extra effort to make her feel special. I had bought her a necklace & earring set but needed a gift box & card, so set about to create one that was guaranteed to cause a ‘WOW!’ reaction. Now… there are traditional gift boxes…and then there are one-of-a-kind ‘gift boxes’. Today I am going to show you how to make one of the one-of-a-kind variety using the fabulous Joy Parade collection.
I hope you love it as much as my friend did!
Celebrate with (Paper) Cake & a Donut card by Kim Watson
You will need the following:
- Patterned papers
- Brag cards
- Puffy Stickers
- Die cut bow
- Variety metal dies
- Box template printed & cut out.
- Hot glue
Celebrate with (Paper) Cake by Kim Watson
- Start with your box template, cut it out of plain pink paper. Joy Parade is so versatile having plain papers on the backs.
- Using the triangle section, cut a separate piece using the sprinkles paper for the top of the cake. (No cake would look right without frosting & sprinkles LOL.)
- Next attach a darker pink strip of paper to the middle of the cake slice to resemble the jelly layer.
- Cut x3 squares of different patterned paper & mark out some ‘roll & twist rose’ shapes. Cut them out & secure with hot glue.
- Cut a paper straw to size & make a paper flame, creating a faux candle.
- Layer the roses, die-cut doilies, ‘candle’, tag and other little embellishments in a little cluster on top of the cake slice.
- Fill box with a special gift.
Donut card by Kim Watson
- Using the cork paper, cut a donut shape. Trace the top half of the shape onto pink patterned paper to resemble frosting. Use a marker to add blue sprinkles, as well as arms, legs & a face.
- Adhere the party hat ephemera piece.
- Decorate with puffy stickers and other sentiment pieces to finish.
BONUS Box template:
I love that with a little creativity, this collection can be used to make both sophisticated items like the box & fun, playful items like the card. It is worth grabbing, because each & every item is fabulous!! I can’t wait to see what you create with them. Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon!