Hi there Fancy Pants Designs friends. I’ve got a very Pinteresting design to share with you today.
Whenever I find myself in a design rut I often turn to Pinterest to spark an idea. Recently I discovered this really cool image in the Design category and really wanted to try it out on a scrapbook page using the Flutter Collection.
I chose to focus on the design portion of the idea and not the colour scheme. Here is the final result.
To re-create this design on your own simply follow these easy steps.
– your favourite sheet of patterned paper from the Flutter Collection
– some 3D foam adhesive
– a distress ink pad
– a distress tool
2. Cut out 14 squares.
– I used my Recollections 1 and 3/4 square inch punch but of course a standard paper trimmer, or Silhouette, would work well also.
3. Use a blending tool to add a little distress ink to all 4 sides of each square.
– this will help to add some definition to them once you stick them on the page.
5. Starting on the far left of the bottom row add 3D foam adhesive to the right side of square #1. Do the same for square #3. For the centre square add the 3D foam adhesive to the left hand side of the square. Repeat these same steps for the second row, except this time place the 3D foam adhesive on the opposite side for the first and third squares. You will know you have the pattern correct when the sides of two side by side squares are touching. The sides that touch will either both be popped up or both be laying flat.
Because I wanted my 4×4 photo to overlap the top row of squares I did not use any 3D foam adhesive on the last two squares in the row.
I added a few coordinating elements from the collection to dress up my page, typed out some journaling, and voila: a Pinterest discovered idea has helped me to bust out of my creative rut.
It’s amazing what we can accomplish when we look around and let ourselves be inspired by the creative world around us.
Fancy Pants Designs collection used: Flutter