Hello! My name is Glenda Viljoen. I live in a city just east of Johannesburg with my husband Gary, two sons Byron and Kyle, a long haired miniature Dachshund and a talkative African Grey Parrot. My professional qualification is teaching where I taught children for many years – that was until I discovered scrapbooking. I am now fortunate to be able to combine my passion for scrapbooking and a business. I own SA Scrapbook Convention, an event company that organizes scrapbook and mixed media events in South Africa. In 2010, I attended Ranger University in New Jersey, USA and am a certified Ranger Instructor. My primary goal is to take scrapbooking on a never ending journey beyond mundane, repetitious themes and content. I’m looking forward to my second year with the Fancy Pants Designs team and the exciting product and ultimately inspiring you to create.
– Why do you scrap? I love being creative and don’t ever want to lose sight of the purpose of scrapbooking, which is my gift to family and friends enabling me to leave a legacy of memories.
– What are your guilty pleasures? Bags (need to be different and unique), chocolates (especially with nuts) and a good cappuccino.
– If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Definitely a roast leg of lamb, crispy roast potatoes and fresh steamed vegetables served with mint sauce and gravy. For dessert would be a soft chocolate centred chocolate fondant served with vanilla ice cream.
– Describe your favorite room in your home and why you love it. I have two favorite rooms: the dining room and my scrapbook studio. I’m able to share food, fellowship and special memories with family and friends in my dining room and then document memorable events and memories in my scrapbook studio that was designed and built by my awesome husband.
– What is your favorite FPD product right now? Oh my, this is a difficult one… as much as I love the paper, it has to be the embellishments, particularly those with words or phrases.
Here’s a layout I created that depicts my style – lots of layers, ribbon, words, stitching and of course some sparkle!
Recycle your old stickers and chipboard embellishments by adding glitter. I used the Pennants from Down by the Shore collection – just turned them over and sprinkled glitter to the adhesive side. I also used the larger pennants to trace and create my own banner pieces.
I hope this has inspired you to be creative with the As You Wish collection.